February 2nd, 2022
Password Complexity is a serious component of Cyber Security. Almost every device, tool or area of access requires a password of some kind to authenticate the user and grant permission to that which is being accessed. Brute Force and Dictionary hacks are the most common techniques for password compromise.
The keys to creating a complex password:
- Password length at minimum should be at least 8 characters. The more characters, the better.
- It’s imperative to use a variety of characters. (upper case & lower case alphabets, numbers and special characters such as &%!#?
- Avoid using names, common words and special dates.
- Phrases are suggested, and from phrases, try using the first letter of each word in the phrase (that only you know) to create your password.
- Example: (The Detroit Tigers Will Win the World Series) TDTWWTWS / 74TWM+UU5!
- Remember, your password should appear as a Random Series of letters, numbers, and special characters.